• They're still reeling (as are we all) at the loss of Nick Adenhart.
• Vladimir Guerrero has a torn pectoral muscle and is out for a month.
• The following pitchers are on the DL:
• Darren Oliver had to come out of the bullpen to start a game for the first time in five years, and naturally could not be expected to last more than 4 or 5 innings. (He did last 4, and had a one-run lead when he left the game on Saturday. The bullpen came in and.....)
• The team is collectively hitting .250 right now.
I could go on, but let's just stop. To go any further would just be piling on. Now I feel for the Angels, I do, but I will have to draw the line at rolling over to them. Let's not get crazy. I hope everyone rallies 'round them as they're grieving. Team lines should evaporate in a show of consolation and empathy.
But injuries are a part of baseball, and every team has got to deal with the loss of player personnel during the season. Steve Bisheff of the LA Times thinks it's crisis point already for the Halos, and is calling for a shake-up.
Oughta make for an interesting series.