Sunday, May 31, 2009

Splitsville

Whew, I'm relieved the Os didn't sweep this series, because I would've lost a little wager, and been forced into sporting an Orioles window cling in my car for the next week, in place of my Old English D.  That was a little too close for comfort--losing the first two games, getting scalded by Luke Scott.

Edwin Jackson just tore it up today.  Two hits?  Eight innings, 102 pitches?  In Camden?  Not too shabby.  Good thing, too, since the Tigers managed all of three runs.  He's learned not to count on run support this season.

Well, Magglio's 16-game hit streak came to an end, but he sure gave in gracefully, not forcing anything, taking a walk in the 8th.  I'm just happy he's raised his average to .280.  Mario mentioned that McClendon's been working with him on keeping his hands up, and it seems to be working.

We finally managed to contain that imaginary Oriole Luke Scott, who naturally went 0-3, because he doesn't exist.  I'll admit, I was hoping for Jim Leyland to call for the intentional base on balls each time Luke Scott came up to the plate, but for once, it worked out pitching to him.   Hmm, well what do you know about that?  All the same, I'm pretty overjoyed the Os are not in the AL Central.  We'd have to make some ridiculous unequal trade to obtain him, or pay some thug to take a lead pipe to his knees.




No comments: