Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gift Horse: Looked in the Mouth



I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to share these snaps with you.  Today seems to be the day, as the Tigers (Morris' 77-90 team) are playing the Twins (Morris' 91 team and current employer--he's in his 6th year as a Twinkies broacaster).  You surely do not recall (I don't expect retention of the fare produced here) that I mentioned I was going to the game on Monday, May 4.  The giveaway that night was a Jack Morris jersey/t-shirt.

Due to the reduced numbers of Tiger faithful at the CoPa this year, I became one of the 10,000 fortunate fans to receive the #47 tent/awning, I mean jersey/t-shirt.  My first thought was to wonder whether Morris had to approve the t-shirt.  Now, I feel a little guilty bagging on a freebie, because I kind of hate when people complain about stuff that's given to them, but somehow my I managed to shove that feeling aside long enough to get this post up, so...

I think there was only one size--XL.  I thought I saw some people with smaller sizes on, but someone said they were told there was only one size.  I understand that it would be a logistical nightmare to have different sizes, and you've got to just put it out there as is, and whoever likes it/wants it is happy.  Mine fits me like a glove--yeah, Shaq's glove.  I  mean, I'm not a small girl, but let's just say it's a lot of fabric.  Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong.  I should be thinking, this is a t-shirt for two.  Let's get snug in it together.  The Belle Tire logo is ever so prominently displayed on the arm.  Sure, they sponsored the promotion, they want recognition.  Who can forget Belle Tire, what with the same ad running between every half inning on FSN (and then in our heads like a hamster on a wheel)?

Anyway, the Tigers have done some really great promotional giveaways--like the DVD of Verlander's no-hitter.  That was a gem.   Sorry I wasn't more grateful for this one.




No comments: