Saturday, December 27, 2008

One Last Look Back (sigh) at 2008

As the new year approaches, I can't help but look in the rearview mirror one last time.  Let's hope the 2008 season vanishes quickly in the distance and in memory.  To say it was a disappointment is a massive understatement.   Many say the 2008 Tigers are the biggest bust ever in Michigan sports history.  I'm not inclined to disagree.  The season was so brutal, it spawned this blog.  I sorely needed an outlet for all my feelings of bitterness, letdown and embarrassment.

Our problems are far from over.  In 2009, we face some as yet unresolved holes in our roster (can you say closer?), a Yankees juggernaut of epic proportions (even though they're not in our division), budget constraints, ongoing question marks in existing personnel, and a continuing logjam at DH.

Still, I'm hopeful for a big improvement in 2009.  Surely it can't get worse.  I'm hopelessly devoted to the Tigers.  It's sappy, I know.  Sometimes I can feel that my judgement is clouded a bit.  I'm not impartial.  I'm a loyal fan.  So my analysis may not always be free from bias, try as I may.  

Here's to the 2009 Tigers, y'all!   See you at the ballpark and in the blogosphere. 

No comments: