Thursday, October 2, 2008

Waiting Game

We've got to just wait and see what moves will be made during the off-season.  I'm already chomping at the bit to know what the organization is going to do, but I know nothing can be announced until after the World Series ends.

I would like to see the Tigers sign Freddy Garcia at a reasonable price.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing them sign Renteria if the price were right, since Inge can cover more ground at third.  I believe his offense will rebound, and Santiago can be used at short as well.

I have a feeling Thames is gone now that we've moved Guillen for the nth time.  He'll be sorely missed as a quality individual, and someone who can just crush the ball.  Maybe he'll get more playing time elsewhere.

Now, of course I'd love to see a hard run at Sabathia, but Dombrowski's squelched that already.  We won't be players in any of the big free agent signings.

I'll be very interested to see what they do at catcher.  I was disappointed to read Bill Madden's column (New York Daily News) saying that Pudge asked to be traded.   I wonder why there was not really any coverage of that on the Detroit end.  But, we've had enough of players who don't want to be here (Ruben Sierra, Juan Gonzalez).  It would be a real risk to put Dusty Ryan out there as primary catcher, as good as he looked in limited play this year.

There will be a lot of activity, and much to digest in a few short weeks.  Until then, enjoy October baseball.



No comments: