Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Offseason Anxiety

I've got a lot of conflicting emotions here.  On the one hand, I'd like playoff baseball to last as long as possible, because after that comes the dark time of year--the time when there is no baseball.  (I don't count the Arizona Fall League or winter ball, because there's no opportunity to see either one, unless you're there!)

On the other hand, I'd like to know what the Tigers are going to do already!  It's worse than a five year old waiting for Christmas morning.  Am I going to get what I asked for, or will I find a lump of coal in my Tiger stocking?

Let's home Davey Claus comes through.  Ok, enough with the Christmas metaphor.  It's too hokey for words.

Anyway, I'm pretty much on pins and needles here.  It's really hard for me to think about the possible loss of players like Magglio Ordóñez.  If it's going to happen, let's just get it over with, so I can move through the various phases of grief-denial, anger, acceptance, sadness!

Jason Beck over at Tigers.com looked into the possible catcher signings, throwing out Gregg Zaun's name, basically ruling out reobtaining Pudge, and mentioning the possible comeback for Vance Wilson.  It's all still pretty murky.

When I think about it, the speculation actually makes things worse, because then my mind will not stop with the endless possibilities, and which ones look good, and which stink it up, and who would have to go if we pursue so-and-so, and ...see how I'm going crazy here?

Guess I'm not cut out to be a GM.  I don't do fantasy baseball. 

Congrats to the Phils who won the pennant tonight!


No comments: