Sunday, January 24, 2010

Games Attended 2009: The Final Chapter

I hear those sighs of relief that this series is coming to a close. I'm having a hard a time as you waiting for baseball season to roll around. It hurts doesn't it? Soon, soon, it will be here. I'm going to Spring Training for the first time ever this year, so I'm not going to have to wait as long as some.

This post will look at the performance of My Tiger Magglio Ordóñez at games in which I was in attendance. It's a very self-indulgent post, I know, but I couldn't help myself, and it's my blog, so you can stop reading now if you don't like it.

Magglio appeared in 15 of the 22 games I attended. Here are his numbers:

Mon. Apr. 27, 2009, 3 AB, groundout, K, HR, 3 RBI

Sun. May 17, 2009, 4 AB, flyout, double, K looking, fielder's choice, BB, 0 RBI

Fri. June 5, 2009 4 AB, groundout, double, K, single, 1 RBI

Sat. June 6, 2009 3 AB, single, groundout, BB, GIDP, 1 RBI

Tues. July 7, 2009 4 AB, groundout, groundout, K, K, 0 RBI

Tues, July 21, 2009 3 AB, grand slam, BB, groundout, FC, 4 RBI

Wed. Aug. 5, 2009 3 AB, single, home run, GIDP, defensive replacement Ryan Raburn in the 8th inning, 1 RBI

Sat. Aug. 29, 2009 4 AB, K looking, single, fielder's choice, single, pinch runner Clete Thomas in the 8th, 1 RBI

Tues. Sept. 1, 2009, 3 AB, BB, K looking, single, flyout, 0 RBI

Wed. Sept. 2, 2009, 4 AB, single, flyout, single, single, 1 RBI

Thurs. Sept. 3, 2009 pinch hitter 7th inning for Aubrey Huff, 1 AB, K, BB, 0 RBI

Mon. Sept 14, 2009, 4 AB, BB, flyout to left, single, groundout to short, single to left, 0 RBI

Fri. Sept. 25, 2009, 4 AB, GIDP, groundout, single, flyout, 0 RBI

Sat. Sept. 26, 2009, 6 AB, flyout, flyout, double, single, single, popup, 2 RBI

Sun. Oct. 4, 2009, 4 AB, double, single, home run, single, 1 RBI


Magglio's batting average at games I attended was .444. So glad to know I was a rabbit's foot for Mi Magglio too. Again, if you want to help fund season tickets for your team's lucky charm, feel free.

On a side note, I happened to be at the game in which Magglio hit two home runs in one inning back in 2008. It was pretty great, except for the fact that I missed the second homer. After the first home run, my son was begging me to go out to the ferris wheel, so I relented. Imagine my horror as we batted around that inning, hearing the cheers of the raucous crowd, stuck inside a giant baseball spinning around and around. Oh well.

No comments: