Friday, January 14, 2011

Timo! Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!

Update: In my excitement over Timo's return, I failed to give proper credit to Matt Anderson of TigsTown for breaking the story on Twitter, and to John Parent of Motor City Bengals. Sorry guys. Great work!!

When we last heard of our hero, he was toiling away in the Mexican leagues, far removed from his former Toledo days.

There is cause to rejoice in Mudville, baseball fans!

Timo Perez has signed a minor league deal with the Detroit Tigers. My heart delights in Timo's return. You may be thinking that I've become a mite unhinged in the midst of the off-season. Why in the name of balls and strikes would I be going batty about the return of a 35 year-old career minor leaguer?

Well, I'm sorry, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Timo, and so it's just poetic justice to have him back. Apparently Dave Dombrowski hides a little Timo-love in his heart, too!

So, Timo, here's to you! I'll be making a special trip to Toledo this year, you can be sure of that. I intend to drag Rogo of Designate Robertson with me, because he shares my inexplicable affection for Timo.

No comments: