Sunday, October 4, 2009

Reprieve

Our boys of summer live to see another day. Mind you, it's a day in the Metrodome, but another day nonetheless. I was having a hard time shaking off the feeling that I was heading to a funeral today. The skies were gray and overcast, and clouds dark with portent threatened to open up at any moment. I rode the Nemo's bus down to the CoPa, and a lady helped me get into a more appropriate game-day mindset. She high fived me, talked up our Tigers, patted me on the back, and gave me some fist bumps. Thank you Jamie for the pep talk!

Ryan Raburn showed up with his big boy britches on today, and swatted two homers to left. Leyland's gonna be wishing he'd played him some more down the stretch here. He got a couple of really nice ovations from the left-field stands as he went back to the field. Kudos, young man.

Mi Magglio went 4 for 4, with a double and a home run, WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Batting Average now stands at .309. Take that y'all naysayers. Do you think we'd even be in a one-game playoff right now without him? No. We would not. Go apologize to him.

Curtis Granderson saved the game for us in the top of the 8th. Holy cow, that ball was coming down, and I didn't think there was any way Curtis was going to get to it. That circus-catch-diving-grab sent the crowd into hysterics. Glad I wore my discreet urinary protection garments. Whew.

Rodney gets a four-out save, giving us a nice non-ulcer inducing 9th. Thank you, 'nando. Not sure if we could handled any drama today.

OK. Now Pretty Little Ricky gets a chance to be a hero at the Metrodump on Tuesday. I'll be needing a full support group to watch this game. Help.






5 comments:

John Parent said...

My sincerest apologies to Magglio. He has carried the offense of late. I am expecting a return to normalcy next season, by that I mean .320/20/100. Go Maggs, go Tigers!

J Ellet Lambie said...

I love it when random fans can revive that winning spirit, glad you got to experience that.

DetroitChik said...

I have always loved Magglio. From day 1. I am with you on the neigh saying, they can all kiss my lily white arse.

DetroitChik said...

I just noticed a typo. I hate to do this and normally I never would, but we are talking about Magglio and his BA. He finished with .309 yesterday...

OldEnglishD said...

Haha. No, thank you. I wouldn't dream of shorting Magglio.