Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Bad Dreams

Too bad it wasn't just a bad dream, although it sure seemed like one.  I dozed off a couple times (sorry) during last night's west coast game.  I did awaken at the most inopportune times, however.  First, to see Brandon Lyon give up the go-ahead run on Gary Matthew's double.  (Lyon is not yet endearing himself to the Tiger faithful.)  Then, I get to see our flameout in the ninth.

Actually, I'm not going to bellyache too much about it.  Carlos Guillen did his job to get on base as leadoff.  He of the sore Achilles was promptly replaced with pinch runner Josh Anderson.   Adam Everett !! comes in as a pinch hitter, and can't execute the bunt.  (We find out after the game that Thames was unavailable due to an rib-cage-muscle injury that puts him on the DL, and recalls Ryan Raburn from Toledo.)  Anderson gets picked off.  Everett then proceeds to strike out.  These things will happen from time to time.  We've done pretty well on risky plays so far this year (two successful squeezes).  So, I'm not going to go off the deep end over last night's failed steal and sac bunt.

Let's just say that I'll be hoping for better "dreams" tonight.

No comments: